Old 07-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Mark Allison

Default Compost by the ton

Is it possible to buy compost in ton bags? I am making seven 12x5ft
raised beds and need a couple of tons of compost. My own garden compost
is probably only a quarter of a ton.

I live in Bedfordshire.

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.markallison.co.uk

Old 08-04-2004, 07:04 AM
DJ

there's a place in central London that produces it by the ton, I think its
called the House of Parliament............it's quality Bull S H 1 T

dj

Old 08-04-2004, 08:32 AM
Sue da Nimm

Our council will put it in 1 tonne builders bags if you supply them, or
deliver up to six tonnes loose.
check with your local office.

Old 08-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Mark Allison

Sue da Nimm wrote:
Our council will put it in 1 tonne builders bags if you supply them, or
deliver up to six tonnes loose.
check with your local office.

Tried that, they don't have a scheme. Any other ideas?

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.markallison.co.uk

Old 10-04-2004, 07:33 PM
Dave

Sue da Nimm wrote:
Our council will put it in 1 tonne builders bags if you supply them, or
deliver up to six tonnes loose.
check with your local office.

Mark Allison writes

Tried that, they don't have a scheme. Any other ideas?

What about Hertfordshire CC, I'm pretty sure they have, and if you take
a lot then they may be very happy to supply it....
--
David

Old 10-04-2004, 10:36 PM
Mark Allison

Dave wrote:

What about Hertfordshire CC, I'm pretty sure they have, and if you take
a lot then they may be very happy to supply it....

Thanks Dave, I'll try them. Do you think they will deliver to
Bedfordshire? I don't have a trailer or a 4x4 to take a few tons.

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.markallison.co.uk