GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   leaky roof (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/58534-leaky-roof.html)

ALLAN JOHNSON 09-04-2004 04:13 PM

leaky roof

Lean-to conservatory has glass secured by essentially "T" section rubber
gaskets/seals running down the ribs of the roof, ( Eden Elan brand).
Rain-water seeps in between gasket and glass giving unwelcome irrigation
of floor. Any suggestions re sealing methods- e.g. Vaseline, silicone
waterproofing liquid. Obvious OTT's such as silicone sealer are an
irreversible step and I need to be able to remove seals and glass to
work on wall, windows, spouts etc. above conservatory. Thanks in advance
--
ALLAN JOHNSON

Mike 09-04-2004 06:04 PM

leaky roof

.. Obvious OTT's such as silicone sealer are an
irreversible step and I need to be able to remove seals and glass to
work on wall, windows, spouts etc. above conservatory. Thanks in advance
--
ALLAN JOHNSON

I have found that these seals are 'NOT' irreversible and can just peel away.
If you followed my comments on the water butt saga, that is what I used.
Whilst they are very very effective when complete and thoughroughly (sp?)
water tight, they are easy to remove :-))

Mike

--
H.M.S.Newfoundland Association Reunion Hayling Island April 23rd - 26th
Royal Naval Reunion Eastbourne May 7th - 10th