Old 09-04-2004, 04:13 PM
ALLAN JOHNSON

Default leaky roof

Lean-to conservatory has glass secured by essentially "T" section rubber
gaskets/seals running down the ribs of the roof, ( Eden Elan brand).
Rain-water seeps in between gasket and glass giving unwelcome irrigation
of floor. Any suggestions re sealing methods- e.g. Vaseline, silicone
waterproofing liquid. Obvious OTT's such as silicone sealer are an
irreversible step and I need to be able to remove seals and glass to
work on wall, windows, spouts etc. above conservatory. Thanks in advance
--
ALLAN JOHNSON
Old 09-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Mike

.. Obvious OTT's such as silicone sealer are an
irreversible step and I need to be able to remove seals and glass to
work on wall, windows, spouts etc. above conservatory. Thanks in advance
--
ALLAN JOHNSON

I have found that these seals are 'NOT' irreversible and can just peel away.
If you followed my comments on the water butt saga, that is what I used.
Whilst they are very very effective when complete and thoughroughly (sp?)
water tight, they are easy to remove :-))

Mike

--
H.M.S.Newfoundland Association Reunion Hayling Island April 23rd - 26th
Royal Naval Reunion Eastbourne May 7th - 10th

The Lie about the AOL Profile - Fred ("Leaky kill file" Twinkie) Hall is ignorant and desperate enough to Slurp a Fake Profile. Dr. Steelhammer Ponds 0 12-05-2005 02:43 PM
Leaky ponds pixi Ponds 10 15-09-2004 12:39 AM
automatic watering - spray or leaky pipe ? NC United Kingdom 2 14-06-2004 01:09 PM
Leaky Bio Clear 5 Filter Amanda Galiano Ponds 2 22-02-2004 10:52 PM
Leaky Pond barry Ponds (alternative) 2 25-04-2003 07:08 AM