GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Chillington Hoe (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/58888-chillington-hoe.html)

Ted 14-04-2004 09:34 PM

Chillington Hoe

`I am looking to buy a Chiilngton type hoe...This is a flat bladed hoe that
is similar to a mattock..I believe they are manufactured ib the Cannock
area but not sure...If anyone has one or knows the url please let me
know....
--

Regards
Ted Wager

Nick Maclaren 14-04-2004 09:34 PM

Chillington Hoe

In article ,
Ted wrote:
`I am looking to buy a Chiilngton type hoe...This is a flat bladed hoe that
is similar to a mattock..I believe they are manufactured ib the Cannock
area but not sure...If anyone has one or knows the url please let me
know....

$a

Well, when I lived there, some 50 years ago, they were manufactured
in Central Africa! They are known by lots of other names, too, and
are well-known for being the best type for use in hard ground. I
have a VERY worn one in my shed.

This is totally unhelpful, but isn't that typical of Usenet? Good
luck, anyway.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

David Hill 14-04-2004 10:04 PM

Chillington Hoe

Have you thought of looking for Chillington hoes on Google UK?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Ted 14-04-2004 10:34 PM

Chillington Hoe

David Hill wrote:

Have you thought of looking for Chillington hoes on Google UK?

Just found it thanks....Must get better specs or enlarge the fonts so I can
see my spelling mistakes :-(
--

Regards
Ted Wager

Jim W 15-04-2004 01:03 PM

Chillington Hoe

Ted wrote:

`I am looking to buy a Chiilngton type hoe...This is a flat bladed hoe that
is similar to a mattock..I believe they are manufactured ib the Cannock
area but not sure...If anyone has one or knows the url please let me
know....
--

For those interested they are at:
http://www.chillington.co.uk/

And still ship worldwide:)

Jim

Sam 15-04-2004 07:33 PM

Chillington Hoe

For those interested they are at:
http://www.chillington.co.uk/

And still ship worldwide:)

"All products are shipped in cartons of 12 unless
otherwise stated"

Might make it a little expensive - anyone know of stockist?

Sam

Green Goblin 08-06-2004 07:40 PM

Chillington Hoe

Quote:

Originally posted by Sam

For those interested they are at:
http://www.chillington.co.uk/

And still ship worldwide:)

"All products are shipped in cartons of 12 unless
otherwise stated"

Might make it a little expensive - anyone know of stockist?

Sam

You've probably found a stockist already, but if not - try Permaculture's website:

www.permaculture.co.uk/erc/erc36a.html