Old 14-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Ted

Default Chillington Hoe

`I am looking to buy a Chiilngton type hoe...This is a flat bladed hoe that
is similar to a mattock..I believe they are manufactured ib the Cannock
area but not sure...If anyone has one or knows the url please let me
know....
--

Regards
Ted Wager
Old 14-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Ted wrote:
`I am looking to buy a Chiilngton type hoe...This is a flat bladed hoe that
is similar to a mattock..I believe they are manufactured ib the Cannock
area but not sure...If anyone has one or knows the url please let me
know....

$a

Well, when I lived there, some 50 years ago, they were manufactured
in Central Africa! They are known by lots of other names, too, and
are well-known for being the best type for use in hard ground. I
have a VERY worn one in my shed.

This is totally unhelpful, but isn't that typical of Usenet? Good
luck, anyway.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 14-04-2004, 10:04 PM
David Hill

Have you thought of looking for Chillington hoes on Google UK?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 14-04-2004, 10:34 PM
Ted

David Hill wrote:

Have you thought of looking for Chillington hoes on Google UK?

Just found it thanks....Must get better specs or enlarge the fonts so I can
see my spelling mistakes :-(
--

Regards
Ted Wager
Old 15-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Jim W

Ted wrote:

`I am looking to buy a Chiilngton type hoe...This is a flat bladed hoe that
is similar to a mattock..I believe they are manufactured ib the Cannock
area but not sure...If anyone has one or knows the url please let me
know....
--

For those interested they are at:
http://www.chillington.co.uk/

And still ship worldwide

Jim

Old 15-04-2004, 07:33 PM
Sam

For those interested they are at:
http://www.chillington.co.uk/

And still ship worldwide

"All products are shipped in cartons of 12 unless
otherwise stated"

Might make it a little expensive - anyone know of stockist?

Sam

Old 08-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Registered User

Location: Surrey

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam

For those interested they are at:
http://www.chillington.co.uk/

And still ship worldwide

"All products are shipped in cartons of 12 unless
otherwise stated"

Might make it a little expensive - anyone know of stockist?

Sam
You've probably found a stockist already, but if not - try Permaculture's website:

www.permaculture.co.uk/erc/erc36a.html

Chillington Hoe Trufflesdad United Kingdom 5 19-07-2003 03:32 PM
Looking for a Hoe Davoud Gardening 4 30-06-2003 01:44 AM
To hoe or not to hoe...is this a weed or a flower? junkyardcat Gardening 5 13-05-2003 04:20 PM
Hoe with 2" blade? HH Gardening 4 25-03-2003 02:20 AM
Shaef super hoe Mhagen alt.forestry 0 18-12-2002 04:09 AM