GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Nepenthus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/58974-nepenthus.html)

Roy Lynch 16-04-2004 12:36 AM

Nepenthus

I have one of these plants in a kind of plastic hanging pot type of planter.
Its outgrown it now but I wanted to know what compost/soil whatever to use
to put it into a bigger pot. Is there anything I can buy directly off the
shelf?
Thanks
Roy

Kay Easton 16-04-2004 06:32 AM

Nepenthus

In article , Roy Lynch
writes
I have one of these plants in a kind of plastic hanging pot type of planter.
Its outgrown it now but I wanted to know what compost/soil whatever to use
to put it into a bigger pot. Is there anything I can buy directly off the
shelf?

Plain peat will be fine.

Repot it into one of those hanging pot things which have a water
reservoir - it is very important (as you will already know) not to let
it dry out.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Alastair 16-04-2004 01:35 PM

Nepenthus

"Roy Lynch" wrote in message ...
I have one of these plants in a kind of plastic hanging pot type of planter.
Its outgrown it now but I wanted to know what compost/soil whatever to use
to put it into a bigger pot. Is there anything I can buy directly off the
shelf?
Thanks
Roy

Doubt you'd get anything off the shelf. Moss peat mixed with washed
sharp sand might be OK, but I've never grown Nepenthes.
Check on www.sarracenia.com/faq
You should find plenty of info on Nepenthes there.

Cheers
Alastair

[email protected] 17-04-2004 09:42 PM

Nepenthus

(Alastair) writes:

"Roy Lynch" wrote in message ...
I have one of these plants in a kind of plastic hanging pot type of planter.
Its outgrown it now but I wanted to know what compost/soil whatever to use
to put it into a bigger pot.

Doubt you'd get anything off the shelf. Moss peat mixed with washed
sharp sand might be OK, but I've never grown Nepenthes.

Most Nepenthes are epiphytes so don't need a vast amount of compost,
ordinary peat should be fine.

Anthony

Roy Lynch 17-04-2004 09:43 PM

Nepenthus

Roy Lynch wrote in message
I have one of these plants in a kind of plastic hanging pot type of

planter.
Its outgrown it now but I wanted to know what compost/soil whatever to use
to put it into a bigger pot. Is there anything I can buy directly off the
shelf?
Thanks
Roy

Thanks for your help