Old 16-04-2004, 12:36 AM
Roy Lynch

Default Nepenthus

I have one of these plants in a kind of plastic hanging pot type of planter.
Its outgrown it now but I wanted to know what compost/soil whatever to use
to put it into a bigger pot. Is there anything I can buy directly off the
shelf?
Thanks
Roy

Old 16-04-2004, 06:32 AM
Kay Easton

In article , Roy Lynch
writes
I have one of these plants in a kind of plastic hanging pot type of planter.
Its outgrown it now but I wanted to know what compost/soil whatever to use
to put it into a bigger pot. Is there anything I can buy directly off the
shelf?

Plain peat will be fine.

Repot it into one of those hanging pot things which have a water
reservoir - it is very important (as you will already know) not to let
it dry out.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 16-04-2004, 01:35 PM
Alastair

"Roy Lynch" wrote in message ...
I have one of these plants in a kind of plastic hanging pot type of planter.
Its outgrown it now but I wanted to know what compost/soil whatever to use
to put it into a bigger pot. Is there anything I can buy directly off the
shelf?
Thanks
Roy

Doubt you'd get anything off the shelf. Moss peat mixed with washed
sharp sand might be OK, but I've never grown Nepenthes.
Check on www.sarracenia.com/faq
You should find plenty of info on Nepenthes there.

Cheers
Alastair
Old 17-04-2004, 09:43 PM
Roy Lynch

Roy Lynch wrote in message
I have one of these plants in a kind of plastic hanging pot type of

planter.
Its outgrown it now but I wanted to know what compost/soil whatever to use
to put it into a bigger pot. Is there anything I can buy directly off the
shelf?
Thanks
Roy

Thanks for your help