Old 17-04-2004, 08:22 PM
Tara

Default pampas grass

Is it at all possible to grow pampass grass in a container (a very large 1
presumably)?

Old 17-04-2004, 08:22 PM
redclay

Tara wrote in message
Is it at all possible to grow pampass grass in a container (a very large 1
presumably)?

Yes very easy to do. The container must have drainage holes and the
drainage can make for a messy area around your pot. A 5 gallon bucket
filled with a medium density potting soil is a good start.

Old 17-04-2004, 09:06 PM
JennyC

"redclay" wrote in message

Tara wrote in message
Is it at all possible to grow pampass grass in a container (a very large 1
presumably)?

Yes very easy to do. The container must have drainage holes and the
drainage can make for a messy area around your pot. A 5 gallon bucket
filled with a medium density potting soil is a good start.

I would think you need something L A R G E R than that :~))
You can get black plastic/rubber tubs that builders use to mix up cement etc -
they are massive
Jenny

Old 17-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Victoria Clare

"Tara" wrote in
:

Is it at all possible to grow pampass grass in a container (a very
large 1 presumably)?

There are quite a lot of decorative grasses - maybe a slightly smaller one
with a 'pampas' sort of look would work better if you need to grow it in a
pot?

http://www.angliangardener.co.uk/Plants/grasses.htm
http://www.grasses.co.uk/
http://www.knollgardens.co.uk/

may give you some ideas.

--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall
Old 17-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Vicky

"Tara" wrote in message
Is it at all possible to grow pampass grass in a container (a very large 1
presumably)?

How do you get rid of one already established in your garden and do you know
anything about the root spread of these things? I have one positioned next
to an underground tank and I'm concerned it may breach it.

Vicky

Old 18-04-2004, 01:12 AM
JennyC

"redclay" wrote in message

Tara wrote in message
Is it at all possible to grow pampass grass in a container (a very large 1
presumably)?

Yes very easy to do. The container must have drainage holes and the
drainage can make for a messy area around your pot. A 5 gallon bucket
filled with a medium density potting soil is a good start.

I would think you need something L A R G E R than that :~))
You can get black plastic/rubber tubs that builders use to mix up cement etc -
they are massive
Jenny

Is pampas grass possible in NE facing garden? Louise United Kingdom 2 07-03-2003 06:49 AM
Pampas grass what do we do with it? code_wrong United Kingdom 6 04-03-2003 09:36 PM
Can Pampas Grass cuttings be put in compost? [email protected] United Kingdom 1 03-03-2003 08:10 AM
Pampas Grass Michael United Kingdom 2 29-11-2002 10:53 PM
Pampas Grass Barry Watts United Kingdom 3 08-11-2002 11:27 AM