GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Wheelbarrow wheel? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/59232-wheelbarrow-wheel.html)

Rosie 18-04-2004 03:21 AM

Wheelbarrow wheel?

Where can I buy a new wheelbarrow wheel? Mine has a puncture. Seems mad to
buy a new wheelbarrow but I can't be fagged to fix the puncture.

ROSIE

kenty ;-\) 18-04-2004 03:24 AM

Wheelbarrow wheel?

Take the wheel/tyre to one of the tyre & exhaust garages, I have seen other
people do this with small tyres such as for trailers etc I am sure they will
be willing to kelp,give one a try.

--
Thanks Keith,UK.

John Rouse 18-04-2004 03:28 AM

Wheelbarrow wheel?

In article , Rosie
writes
Where can I buy a new wheelbarrow wheel? Mine has a puncture. Seems mad to
buy a new wheelbarrow but I can't be fagged to fix the puncture.

I had one with an inflatable tyre, and was always patching it - even
hawthorn spines went through it. My dad took the wheel to one of the
tyre places and they put a proper tyre on it, and I've never had any
more problems with it.

John
--
John Rouse

Robert E A Harvey 18-04-2004 03:42 AM

Wheelbarrow wheel?

"Rosie" wrote in message ...
Where can I buy a new wheelbarrow wheel? Mine has a puncture. Seems mad to
buy a new wheelbarrow but I can't be fagged to fix the puncture.

Our local tyre place does them for nothing, if you leave them for a
day or so. Practice for apprentices without the risk of killing
anyone!

Mike 18-04-2004 03:44 AM

Wheelbarrow wheel?

"Rosie" wrote in message
Where can I buy a new wheelbarrow wheel? Mine has a puncture. Seems mad

buy a new wheelbarrow but I can't be fagged to fix the puncture.

ROSIE

On my way to and from a Reunion in Scarborough the other weekend, I noticed
on the motorways, that the posts for the central barriers are held in he
ground with an expanded foam. Makes them easier to get out for repairs I
expect. My thought is, could a wheelbarrow wheel, be filled with this foam?
No more punctures :-))

If it is the same stuff used in lifeboats and other craft for both buoyancy
and noise deadening, it sets very firm, but can be worked with a knife or
saw. Just a thought :-))

Mike

--
H.M.S.Newfoundland Association Reunion Hayling Island April 23rd - 26th
Royal Naval Reunion Eastbourne May 7th - 10th