Old 21-04-2004, 07:06 PM
papa

Default Lilac

Last year my lilac tree produced lost of pale blue flowers. This year
it is producing lots of mauve flowers. Is this variability normal with
lilacs?

thanks

Philip

Old 21-04-2004, 08:30 PM
Kay Easton

In article , papa papanix@removenosp
am.btopenworld.com writes
Last year my lilac tree produced lost of pale blue flowers. This year
it is producing lots of mauve flowers. Is this variability normal with
lilacs?

Is it possibly that they are mauve in bud but fade to pale blue as they
open?
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 21-04-2004, 08:30 PM
Brian

This is an ephemeral change and will soon sort itself out. However good
varieties of lilac are frequently grafted and growth from the rootstock will
be totally different. Remove growths that arise near ground level.
Best Wishes.

Lilac in pot K United Kingdom 3 06-11-2003 10:02 AM
Datura metel 'La fleur lilac' cultivation Trevor Appleton United Kingdom 1 27-04-2003 12:32 PM
lilac Susan Gillispie North Carolina 4 01-04-2003 02:34 AM
Lilac won't flower Peter United Kingdom 2 16-03-2003 08:08 PM
Dwarf Lilac - seem to have killed it? Rosie United Kingdom 3 26-11-2002 12:50 AM