GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Compost from Bunnie Poo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/59853-compost-bunnie-poo.html)

Vicky 25-04-2004 03:03 PM

Compost from Bunnie Poo

Can I dig the waste from my rabbit hutches (droppings, sawdust, straw and
hay) direct into my garden or should I always compost it first? Does it
depend on the time of year - ie wet autumn helping to rot the waste into the
ground

Vicky

nambucca 25-04-2004 06:05 PM

Compost from Bunnie Poo

"Vicky" wrote in message
Can I dig the waste from my rabbit hutches (droppings, sawdust, straw and
hay) direct into my garden or should I always compost it first? Does it
depend on the time of year - ie wet autumn helping to rot the waste into

the
ground

Vicky

I would add it to a compost bin ..........it will be a great activator

Jaques d'Alltrades 25-04-2004 11:25 PM

Compost from Bunnie Poo

The message
from "Vicky" contains these words:

Can I dig the waste from my rabbit hutches (droppings, sawdust, straw and
hay) direct into my garden or should I always compost it first? Does it
depend on the time of year - ie wet autumn helping to rot the waste into the
ground

It is better composted first. At this time of the year it should only
take a few weeks.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Robert E A Harvey 26-04-2004 10:13 AM

Compost from Bunnie Poo

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote
It is better composted first. At this time of the year it should only
take a few weeks.

Absolutley. and it also helps accellarate the composting of e.g.
grass cuttings, so you will all ways up.