Old 25-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Vicky

Default Compost from Bunnie Poo

Can I dig the waste from my rabbit hutches (droppings, sawdust, straw and
hay) direct into my garden or should I always compost it first? Does it
depend on the time of year - ie wet autumn helping to rot the waste into the
ground

Vicky

Old 25-04-2004, 06:05 PM
nambucca

"Vicky" wrote in message
Can I dig the waste from my rabbit hutches (droppings, sawdust, straw and
hay) direct into my garden or should I always compost it first? Does it
depend on the time of year - ie wet autumn helping to rot the waste into

the
ground

Vicky

I would add it to a compost bin ..........it will be a great activator

Old 25-04-2004, 11:25 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Vicky" contains these words:

Can I dig the waste from my rabbit hutches (droppings, sawdust, straw and
hay) direct into my garden or should I always compost it first? Does it
depend on the time of year - ie wet autumn helping to rot the waste into the
ground

It is better composted first. At this time of the year it should only
take a few weeks.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 26-04-2004, 10:13 AM
Robert E A Harvey

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote
It is better composted first. At this time of the year it should only
take a few weeks.

Absolutley. and it also helps accellarate the composting of e.g.
grass cuttings, so you will all ways up.

Dog poo in compost George.com United Kingdom 10 12-04-2006 10:46 AM
Disappearing poo JKS United Kingdom 17 25-10-2003 07:33 PM
caterpiller poo--found it--it's an orangestripe oakworm Heidi Gardening 2 15-09-2003 04:22 PM
caterpiller poo Heidi Gardening 4 11-09-2003 11:22 PM
Cat poo ( Cats again) Burl Gardening 5 25-05-2003 06:56 PM