Old 03-05-2004, 11:04 AM
garmon

Default Design software suggestions please?

Hello,
I shall be building a new house sometime next year and would appreciate some
suggestions please, for good quality design software for the landscaping
side.
I have been trying a £9.99 (3D) one, which is ok, but seems to be short on
features. The site is on a slope and I need software which handles this
quite well.
TIA
Steve.

--
Regards,
Steve Thomas

Old 03-05-2004, 11:04 AM
martin

On Mon, 3 May 2004 10:20:31 +0100, "garmon"
wrote:

Hello,
I shall be building a new house sometime next year and would appreciate some
suggestions please, for good quality design software for the landscaping
side.
I have been trying a £9.99 (3D) one, which is ok, but seems to be short on
features. The site is on a slope and I need software which handles this
quite well.

Assuming you used Autocad to design your house, why not use that?
Old 03-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "garmon" contains these words:

Hello,
I shall be building a new house sometime next year and would appreciate some
suggestions please, for good quality design software for the landscaping
side.
I have been trying a £9.99 (3D) one, which is ok, but seems to be short on
features. The site is on a slope and I need software which handles this
quite well.

I have never found a good one. Indeed, I have never found an adequate
one. We had a thread on this (IIRC) last year in our Zetnet groups and
the concensus was that there wasn't anything available which could cope
with anything other than a rectangular plot.

Certainly, the two I had on coverdiscs were totally useless.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 04-05-2004, 10:12 AM
garmon

Thanks for that info Rusty, I appreciate it.

I think I'll just stick with the Sierra one I've got in that case..and hope
that the finished article looks a tad better than the 3D image does!!