GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Horseradish (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/60506-horseradish.html)

Sarah Dale 03-05-2004 07:05 PM

Horseradish

Hi All,

I've had a horseradish plant in a big pot buried in the ground for the last
couple of years. When is the best time to harvest?

I may have to de-pot it son, because there are no signs of regrowth from it
yet this year, and I'm wondering if it is dead, or has just had the young
top growth slugged.....

TIA,
Sarah

Brian 03-05-2004 07:05 PM

Horseradish

Autumn/ Winter is the best time to harvest.
Growing in a container is an excellent method. If you have managed to kill
it please let us know how you managed it!!
Best Wishes Brian.

Sarah Dale 04-05-2004 11:09 PM

Horseradish

Brian wrote:
Autumn/ Winter is the best time to harvest.
Growing in a container is an excellent method. If you have managed to
kill it please let us know how you managed it!!

Thanks for the info Brian. If it doesn't sprout by the time I'm back from
holiday (or sooner if I get impatient), I'll de-pot it and see what is
going on.

If I have managed to kill the horseradish - I'll be sure to inform the group
on how to kill theirs - and be begging for a new piece!!!

Sarah

Jaques d'Alltrades 05-05-2004 04:08 AM

Horseradish

The message
from Sarah Dale contains these words:

If I have managed to kill the horseradish - I'll be sure to inform the group
on how to kill theirs - and be begging for a new piece!!!

The best container to use would be a plastic dustbin - with suitable
drainage holes in the bottom. Horseradish roots seemingly are attracted
to magma....

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/