Old 03-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Sarah Dale

Default Horseradish

Hi All,

I've had a horseradish plant in a big pot buried in the ground for the last
couple of years. When is the best time to harvest?

I may have to de-pot it son, because there are no signs of regrowth from it
yet this year, and I'm wondering if it is dead, or has just had the young
top growth slugged.....

TIA,
Sarah
Old 03-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Brian

Autumn/ Winter is the best time to harvest.
Growing in a container is an excellent method. If you have managed to kill
it please let us know how you managed it!!
Best Wishes Brian.

Old 04-05-2004, 11:09 PM
Sarah Dale

Brian wrote:
Autumn/ Winter is the best time to harvest.
Growing in a container is an excellent method. If you have managed to
kill it please let us know how you managed it!!

Thanks for the info Brian. If it doesn't sprout by the time I'm back from
holiday (or sooner if I get impatient), I'll de-pot it and see what is
going on.

If I have managed to kill the horseradish - I'll be sure to inform the group
on how to kill theirs - and be begging for a new piece!!!

Sarah
Old 05-05-2004, 04:08 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Sarah Dale contains these words:

If I have managed to kill the horseradish - I'll be sure to inform the group
on how to kill theirs - and be begging for a new piece!!!

The best container to use would be a plastic dustbin - with suitable
drainage holes in the bottom. Horseradish roots seemingly are attracted
to magma....

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Horseradish Tree Gae Xavier Texas 18 09-10-2005 08:45 AM
Horseradish again karen United Kingdom 2 07-05-2003 08:56 PM
Help, re horseradish karen United Kingdom 7 06-05-2003 11:20 PM
Horseradish growing ED ROGERS United Kingdom 3 03-05-2003 05:20 AM
Horseradish... Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot United Kingdom 8 03-03-2003 11:42 PM