GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Soil improvement-Worldwide? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/60717-re-soil-improvement-worldwide.html)

gary davis 09-05-2004 05:05 AM

Soil improvement-Worldwide?

On 5/7/04 9:42 PM, in article , "Franz
Heymann" wrote:

"gary davis" wrote in message
On 5/6/04 1:05 PM, in article ,
"Janet Baraclough.." wrote:

The message
from gary davis contains these words:

Gary, why did you post in HTML when this is a text-only ng? You have now
effectively made it impossible to reply in-line.

Franz

Franz
Thank you for replying...I didn't know that this was a text-only
ng...there are lots of things I don't know. That was one of them. I used
HTML because I think it looks better. The printing is bigger and I can read
them without squinting...
Sorry if I created a difficulty for you and others. I think I now
understand what you have mentioned about replying 'in line'. I like the way
that works. Sorry...
I have learned...notice above....I have included the names of some who
have posted on this thread...I know it's not perfect....I am learning.
Thanks for all of you who have been patient. And thanks for all of you who
have not, I deserve any chastising you feel necessary.
Gary
Fort Langley, BC
Canada

To reply direct...please remove yoursocks...before sending...:) Did you know
I might be an uncle? Well, that's not a gardening thingie, is it? :)

gary davis 09-05-2004 05:06 AM

Soil improvement-Worldwide?

On 5/8/04 3:56 AM, in article ,
"martin" wrote:

On Sat, 8 May 2004 04:42:22 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

Gary, why did you post in HTML when this is a text-only ng? You have now
effectively made it impossible to reply in-line.

Franz

Your post had an HTML attachment too, Franz.

Ouch! What does that mean...an attachment? This message is not in the HTML
format, is it?
Gary
Fort Langley, BC
Canada
Please email me direct:

Franz Heymann 09-05-2004 01:06 PM

Soil improvement-Worldwide?

"gary davis" wrote in message
On 5/7/04 9:42 PM, in article ,

"Franz
Heymann" wrote:

"gary davis" wrote in message
On 5/6/04 1:05 PM, in article

,
"Janet Baraclough.." wrote:

[...]

I see no need for you to feel sorry. One is not born with a copy of
Hercomer's handbook of indispensible information in one's head.

Franz

gary davis 13-05-2004 01:03 AM

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote:

The message
from gary davis contains these words:

(snip urg charter)

Zzzzzzz....Oh....is something going on here? (scratching head).

Indeed there is; your arrogant rudeness to Jane, and the rest of this group.

Janet and Jane and All, please excuse me...I should know by now that it is
impossible to be humorous on the internet. I was not intending to be
arrogant nor rude, just humorous to get your attention. I, at least,
achieved part of my intent...

When I arrived at uk.rec.gardening, not long ago, I read many of the
posts and replied to several. I did it in good faith thinking we are
gardeners talking the same language
It would seem that I was mistaken. I find that interesting...

We're gardeners talking about gardening in the UK. There's a post
every week, explaining that to newcomers and directing them to the
charter. The group charter is a standard Usenet requirement for
newsgroups in this hierarchy.

Please donšt misunderstand me when I say that WWW stands for World Wide
Web...World Wide covers a lot of territory. Bigger than the UK, Canada and
the USA all together as far as I know. But I could be wrong...Išve been
wrong before.

I would like to discuss the possibility of improving soil everywhere. If
it is not possible or acceptable here can anyone tell me where it is
acceptable? Tell me where it is acceptable and I will go there.

Try rec.gardens.
Yes, rec.gardens...I looked for it once and since I have read your
message I looked again with success! Thanks for helping out.
Now I know why the Germans never invaded the UK...you wouldnšt let them!
:)
Happy gardening all.
Gary
Fort Langley, BC