GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Advice please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/60851-advice-please.html)

Lyn 08-05-2004 10:26 AM

Advice please

OK - here is the scenario - inexperienced gardener with very little money, -
need something that grows quickly, is easy to obtain, to cover unsightly
wooden fencing - evergreen preferred

All help appreciated!

Lyn

Sacha 08-05-2004 10:26 AM

Advice please

Lyn8/5/04 9:50
OK - here is the scenario - inexperienced gardener with very little money, -
need something that grows quickly, is easy to obtain, to cover unsightly
wooden fencing - evergreen preferred

It helps if we know the region in which you live because then people won't
advise you on something that might be too tender for that area. But off the
top of my head, Clematis armandii, Holboellia coriacea, if you can find it
(don't forget the possibility of mail order)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Lyn 08-05-2004 11:08 AM

Advice please

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Lyn8/5/04 9:50
OK - here is the scenario - inexperienced gardener with very little

money, -
need something that grows quickly, is easy to obtain, to cover unsightly
wooden fencing - evergreen preferred

It helps if we know the region in which you live because then people won't
advise you on something that might be too tender for that area. But off

the
top of my head, Clematis armandii, Holboellia coriacea, if you can find it
(don't forget the possibility of mail order)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Thank you Sacha - I live in Warwickshire in the midlands

Lyn

Cereus-validus 08-05-2004 01:06 PM

Advice please

She said inexpensive. Mail-order perennials are not inexpensive.

Morning glories from seed from a local store would be very inexpensive in
comparison.

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Lyn8/5/04 9:50

martin 08-05-2004 01:08 PM

Advice please

On Sat, 08 May 2004 11:06:20 GMT, "Cereus-validus"
wrote:

Morning glories from seed.

.... smoke well?

Franz Heymann 08-05-2004 07:07 PM

Advice please

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
.. .
She said inexpensive. Mail-order perennials are not inexpensive.

Morning glories from seed from a local store would be very

inexpensive in
comparison.

Are they smokable?
If so, you have a secondary bonus {:-))

Franz

Jason Pope 09-05-2004 09:04 PM

Advice please

Franz Heymann wrote:
"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
.. .

She said inexpensive. Mail-order perennials are not inexpensive.

Morning glories from seed from a local store would be very

inexpensive in

comparison.

Are they smokable?
If so, you have a secondary bonus {:-))

Franz

The 'kick' you get could be dangerous, it's like LSD

Jason

--
Check out my ebay auctions for Passifora caerulea and edulis seeds and
Morning Glory (Star of Yelta) seeds.

martin 09-05-2004 10:06 PM

Advice please

On Sun, 09 May 2004 20:39:42 +0100, Jason Pope
wrote:

Franz Heymann wrote:
"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
.. .

She said inexpensive. Mail-order perennials are not inexpensive.

Morning glories from seed from a local store would be very

inexpensive in

comparison.

Are they smokable?
If so, you have a secondary bonus {:-))

Franz

The 'kick' you get could be dangerous, it's like LSD

It's the original "flower power"
http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning...lory_faq.shtml

Franz Heymann 10-05-2004 09:06 PM

Advice please

wrote:

Franz Heymann wrote:
"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
.. .

She said inexpensive. Mail-order perennials are not inexpensive.

Morning glories from seed from a local store would be very

inexpensive in

comparison.

Are they smokable?
If so, you have a secondary bonus {:-))

The 'kick' you get could be dangerous, it's like LSD

It's the original "flower power"
http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning...lory_faq.shtml

In which case, is it not surprising that one may grow them, but
cannabis is forbidden?

Franz

martin 10-05-2004 09:16 PM

Advice please

On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:15:24 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Franz Heymann wrote:
"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
.. .

She said inexpensive. Mail-order perennials are not inexpensive.

Morning glories from seed from a local store would be very

inexpensive in

comparison.

Are they smokable?
If so, you have a secondary bonus {:-))

The 'kick' you get could be dangerous, it's like LSD

It's the original "flower power"
http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning...lory_faq.shtml

In which case, is it not surprising that one may grow them, but
cannabis is forbidden?

One can also buy magic mushrooms.

Matt Barton 11-05-2004 10:30 AM

Advice please

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

[delitia]

The 'kick' you get could be dangerous, it's like LSD

It's the original "flower power"
http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning...lory_faq.shtml

In which case, is it not surprising that one may grow them, but
cannabis is forbidden?

Not if you consider the non-narcotic potential benifits of the hemp plant
(good for making paper/rope/cloth etc, grows anywhere at a moments notice)
and the threat it posed to the cotton industry way back when.

Franz Heymann 15-05-2004 07:16 PM

Advice please

"martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:15:24 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Franz Heymann wrote:
"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
.. .

She said inexpensive. Mail-order perennials are not

inexpensive.

Morning glories from seed from a local store would be very

inexpensive in

comparison.

Are they smokable?
If so, you have a secondary bonus {:-))

The 'kick' you get could be dangerous, it's like LSD

It's the original "flower power"

http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning...lory_faq.shtml

In which case, is it not surprising that one may grow them, but
cannabis is forbidden?

One can also buy magic mushrooms.

It's a mad world.

Franz