Old 11-05-2004, 12:11 AM
Stephen Howard

Default Recommended hand tools

On Mon, 10 May 2004 20:36:19 +0100, "tuin man"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Broadback" wrote in message
I am looking for good quality hand tools, having Googled this group I
can find no clear recommendation. However I found S&J Neverbend brand,
has anyone any comments on them, good, bad or ugly.

I am changing over slowly to Wolf Garden Multichange tools. Excellent
quality and a well designed system too.

http://www.wolf-garden.com/public_uk...e_id=967025460

--
Regards
Bob

I find **some** of the wolf tool heads seems a bit too heavy for the
strength of the handle (long).

I've found that to be true too.
I've also found that, over time, the locking mechanism wears - and the
tools exhibits a degree of 'double action' ( which, in my trade,
refers to a slight knock before an intended movement ).
Seems an irrelevant point, but if you compare a Wolf hoe with a bit of
wear in the handle with a straightforward traditional hoe, the
difference is noticeable.

On the plus side, Wolf tools tend to get given a fair hammering (
especially the nifty grubber, with three spikes on one side and a
blade on the other ) - probably because they can take it!
Just don't step on the handles...they have a tendency to break where
they go into the shaft of the locking tube.

Oddly enough, all the best tools I have are really old ones gleaned
from the local tip. The three-tined flat bladed spud fork is by far
and way the most useful ( £1...guv ).

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk