Old 15-05-2004, 11:07 AM
Dvd

Default Perennial pruning

I read somewhere about a year ago a specific term used in regard to pruning
perennials. I can't for the life of me remember it, which is unusual because
it was a verb. Usually, it's the darn nouns that vanish.

If anyone can help, I'd much appreciate it,

Thank you

Dvd

Old 15-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Diane Epps

"Dvd" wrote in message
I read somewhere about a year ago a specific term used in regard to

pruning
perennials. I can't for the life of me remember it, which is unusual

because
it was a verb. Usually, it's the darn nouns that vanish.

If anyone can help, I'd much appreciate it,

Thank you

Dvd

The only thing I can offer is stooling as with dogwoods and coppicing as

with sweet chestnut.

Old 15-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In article , Dvd
writes
I read somewhere about a year ago a specific term used in regard to pruning
perennials. I can't for the life of me remember it, which is unusual because
it was a verb. Usually, it's the darn nouns that vanish.

If anyone can help, I'd much appreciate it,

Thank you

Dvd

Probably not the word you're looking for (and it applies to some shrubs
as well), but there's "dead-heading".
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 16-05-2004, 12:11 AM
Dvd

In article , Dvd
writes
I read somewhere about a year ago a specific term used in regard to

pruning
perennials. I can't for the life of me remember it, which is unusual

because
it was a verb. Usually, it's the darn nouns that vanish.

If anyone can help, I'd much appreciate it,

Thank you

Dvd

Probably not the word you're looking for (and it applies to some shrubs
as well), but there's "dead-heading".
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Thanks for the responses, but none are the word I'm trying to recall. It
meant much the same as dead heading. I believe I read it in a gardening
article on a newspaper website.

Old 16-05-2004, 12:13 AM
Chris

:
: If anyone can help, I'd much appreciate it,
:
: Thank you
:
: Dvd
:
:

No doubt, as with all words, it was made up by the author, here's a few
more; "chipperting" "clipoonering" "cutterooney" "prunes" which can also be
eaten, avoid when mountaineering

Old 16-05-2004, 11:10 AM
Chris

"Chris" wrote in message
:
: "Dvd" wrote in message
: ...
: : I read somewhere about a year ago a specific term used in regard to
: pruning
: : perennials. I can't for the life of me remember it, which is unusual
: because
: : it was a verb. Usually, it's the darn nouns that vanish.
: :
: : If anyone can help, I'd much appreciate it,
: :
: : Thank you
: :

Pollarding or pleaching

Old 16-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Jane Ransom

In article , Dvd
writes
Thanks for the responses, but none are the word I'm trying to recall. It
meant much the same as dead heading. I believe I read it in a gardening
article on a newspaper website.

Coppicing?
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Perennial help becky95 United Kingdom 1 31-03-2009 08:12 PM
Pruning Perennial Plants Question Martin United Kingdom 3 28-09-2007 02:18 PM
Favorite perennial vines? Elizabeth North Carolina 13 08-03-2003 02:08 AM
Perennial questions Jayebea Gardening 6 29-01-2003 06:46 AM
Perennial Wildflowers Martin & Anna Sykes United Kingdom 2 04-12-2002 09:48 PM