Old 18-05-2004, 07:26 PM
joe

Default montana

Will clematis montana grow okay in a large pot if it's fed regularly?

What other species of clematis would be suitable for growing where they wont
get more than a few hours sun each day?

Thanks Joe.

Old 19-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Bazza

On Tue, 18 May 2004 18:20:13 +0100, "joe"
wibbled:

What other species of clematis would be suitable for growing where they wont
get more than a few hours sun each day?

I've grown Elsa Spath successfully for the past couple of years in a
spot that gets virtually no sun at all.

Barry Smith bazzas at btinternet.com
'It's not easy ... building Xanadu in the backstreets of Weatherfield.'
Old 19-05-2004, 08:12 PM
joe

"Bazza" wrote
I've grown Elsa Spath successfully for the past couple of years in a
spot that gets virtually no sun at all.

Thank you Bazza - Joe

Old 25-05-2004, 03:21 PM
Douglas

"joe" wrote in message

"Bazza" wrote
I've grown Elsa Spath successfully for the past couple of years in a
spot that gets virtually no sun at all.

Thank you Bazza - Joe

**************************
Bazza!.
Tell me about Elsa Spath, please .
I have a neighbour's long , six-feet high cement block wall on the full side
of the sun's sweep from daybreak to dusk throwing shadow. I have twenty
clematis on the opposite wall doing well.
If a montana was there it would spill quite high over the wall and flower on
that side, don't you think?.
Any comments would help. Thank you.
Doug.
*************************

Old 28-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Bazza

On Tue, 25 May 2004 14:16:35 +0100, "Douglas"
wibbled:

"joe" wrote in message

"Bazza" wrote
I've grown Elsa Spath successfully for the past couple of years in a
spot that gets virtually no sun at all.

Thank you Bazza - Joe

**************************
Bazza!.
Tell me about Elsa Spath, please .
I have a neighbour's long , six-feet high cement block wall on the full side
of the sun's sweep from daybreak to dusk throwing shadow.

That's the sort of site where we've got ours. It's in a decent sized
pot and it gets no direct sunlight at all but there's clear air above
it so it's not exactly dark either. I'm no expert but it does ok. I
feed it a few times a year if I remember and cut it back in early
spring. It's got a couple of early flowers on at the moment but lots
of buds.

Barry Smith bazzas at btinternet.com
'It's not easy ... building Xanadu in the backstreets of Weatherfield.'

Old 30-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Douglas

"Bazza" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 May 2004 14:16:35 +0100, "Douglas"
wibbled:

"Bazza" wrote

Barry Smith bazzas at btinternet.com
'It's not easy ... building Xanadu in the backstreets of Weatherfield.'

Bazz!
I think I'll put a couple of vertically-narrow trellises half-way between
the
wall and the adjacent path.
No overhanging problems then with neighbours.
Thanks, and good luck!.
Doug.