GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Oxalis identification (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/61752-oxalis-identification.html)

Emrys Davies 19-05-2004 11:21 PM

Oxalis identification

Can someone identify the variety of the Oxalis shown in this site.

http://www.jardinoise.com/images28/oxalis.jpg

Thanks,
Emrys Davies.

David Hill 20-05-2004 01:08 AM

Oxalis identification

No.
But you might find this site interesting
http://www.ibiblio.org/pbs/pbswiki/index.php/Oxalis

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Pam Moore 20-05-2004 09:07 AM

Oxalis identification

On Wed, 19 May 2004 23:13:14 +0100, "Emrys Davies"
wrote:

Can someone identify the variety of the Oxalis shown in this site.

I have one that looks similar. I know it as oxalis articulata.
It is NOT invasive and makes a big clump which flowers from May to
October. My original came from my grandfather's garden and I have
several clumps of it.
I also have a "little brown job"! which is a devil. It spreads by
runners and by popping its seed everywhere. I have just learned to
live with it!

Pam in Bristol

Emrys Davies 20-05-2004 01:11 PM

Oxalis identification

Thanks everyone. It is difficult, having studied photos. of Oxalis
Articulata and Oxalis Debilis, to decide which species I have got, but I
am sure that it is one of those.

It is covered in rust, to which it is prone, and is about to get
treatment for same.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
Can someone identify the variety of the Oxalis shown in this site.

http://www.jardinoise.com/images28/oxalis.jpg

Thanks,
Emrys Davies.

Have a look at this:
http://aquat1.ifas.ufl.edu/oxadeb.html

jenny

Pam Moore 20-05-2004 03:10 PM

Oxalis identification

On Thu, 20 May 2004 12:28:39 +0100, "Emrys Davies"
wrote:

Thanks everyone. It is difficult, having studied photos. of Oxalis
Articulata and Oxalis Debilis, to decide which species I have got, but I
am sure that it is one of those.

It is covered in rust, to which it is prone, and is about to get
treatment for same.

My articulata has NEVER had rust or any other problems.
Looking at your picture again, yours has a red centre, mine does not.

Pam in Bristol

Emrys Davies 20-05-2004 04:17 PM

Oxalis identification

'Pam',

Sorry if I have misled you. The image on the site which I showed is not
that of my plant, but one from Google Images which I think is identical
to my plant, although I am having some doubts now. The image on Google
is not named, hence my request.

Thanks for your continued interest.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.