Old 19-05-2004, 11:21 PM
Emrys Davies

Default Oxalis identification

Can someone identify the variety of the Oxalis shown in this site.

http://www.jardinoise.com/images28/oxalis.jpg

Thanks,
Emrys Davies.

Old 20-05-2004, 01:08 AM
David Hill

No.
But you might find this site interesting
http://www.ibiblio.org/pbs/pbswiki/index.php/Oxalis

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 20-05-2004, 09:07 AM
Pam Moore

On Wed, 19 May 2004 23:13:14 +0100, "Emrys Davies"
wrote:

Can someone identify the variety of the Oxalis shown in this site.

I have one that looks similar. I know it as oxalis articulata.
It is NOT invasive and makes a big clump which flowers from May to
October. My original came from my grandfather's garden and I have
several clumps of it.
I also have a "little brown job"! which is a devil. It spreads by
runners and by popping its seed everywhere. I have just learned to
live with it!

Pam in Bristol
Old 20-05-2004, 01:11 PM
Emrys Davies

Thanks everyone. It is difficult, having studied photos. of Oxalis
Articulata and Oxalis Debilis, to decide which species I have got, but I
am sure that it is one of those.

It is covered in rust, to which it is prone, and is about to get
treatment for same.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
Can someone identify the variety of the Oxalis shown in this site.

http://www.jardinoise.com/images28/oxalis.jpg

Thanks,
Emrys Davies.

Have a look at this:
http://aquat1.ifas.ufl.edu/oxadeb.html

jenny

Old 20-05-2004, 03:10 PM
Pam Moore

On Thu, 20 May 2004 12:28:39 +0100, "Emrys Davies"
wrote:

Thanks everyone. It is difficult, having studied photos. of Oxalis
Articulata and Oxalis Debilis, to decide which species I have got, but I
am sure that it is one of those.

It is covered in rust, to which it is prone, and is about to get
treatment for same.

My articulata has NEVER had rust or any other problems.
Looking at your picture again, yours has a red centre, mine does not.

Pam in Bristol

Old 20-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Emrys Davies

'Pam',

Sorry if I have misled you. The image on the site which I showed is not
that of my plant, but one from Google Images which I think is identical
to my plant, although I am having some doubts now. The image on Google
is not named, hence my request.

Thanks for your continued interest.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

wrote:

Thanks everyone. It is difficult, having studied photos. of Oxalis
Articulata and Oxalis Debilis, to decide which species I have got,

but I
am sure that it is one of those.

It is covered in rust, to which it is prone, and is about to get
treatment for same.

My articulata has NEVER had rust or any other problems.
Looking at your picture again, yours has a red centre, mine does not.

Pam in Bristol

Oxalis identification. MikeCT United Kingdom 3 05-10-2007 09:56 AM
Oxalis "Iron Cross" J Gardening 0 31-03-2003 10:08 PM
[IBC] Oxalis (was outdoor plants indoors) Marty and Patty Weiser Bonsai 0 15-03-2003 02:56 AM
Cardamoms anyone? (Was Oxalis Tuberosa) Victoria Clare United Kingdom 1 29-11-2002 08:18 PM
Oxalis tuberosa anyone? Hussein M. United Kingdom 8 29-11-2002 12:27 PM