GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Filbert (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/62010-filbert.html)

Chris 23-05-2004 04:11 PM

Filbert

We would like a Filbert shrub that produces nuts and doesn't grow above
about six feet. Any idea what would be suitable and where we could get
it?
--
Chris

Nick Maclaren 23-05-2004 05:07 PM

Filbert

In article ], Chris ] wrote:
We would like a Filbert shrub that produces nuts and doesn't grow above
about six feet. Any idea what would be suitable and where we could get
it?

You are crying for the moon. No chance. Twelve feet, JUST perhaps.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

dave @ stejonda 23-05-2004 07:06 PM

Filbert

In message , Nick Maclaren
writes
In article ], Chris ] wrote:
We would like a Filbert shrub that produces nuts and doesn't grow above
about six feet. Any idea what would be suitable and where we could get
it?

You are crying for the moon. No chance. Twelve feet, JUST perhaps.

bonsai ?

http://www.american-bonsai.com/catal...oducts_id=3559

--
dave @ stejonda

"
to spiritual eyes, the United States is a developing country."
Ram Dass (an optimist)

Alan Holmes 26-05-2004 06:23 PM

Filbert

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
We would like a Filbert shrub that produces nuts and doesn't grow above
about six feet. Any idea what would be suitable and where we could get
it?

The one I planted was a twig when it went in, but it grew 20 feet high and
20 feet across, didn't worry me too much but I had planted it a couple of
feet from the boundary and my neighbour wasn't too pleased!

But if someone does suggest a small variety I'll probably go for that.

Alan
--
Chris