Old 23-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Chris

Default Filbert

We would like a Filbert shrub that produces nuts and doesn't grow above
about six feet. Any idea what would be suitable and where we could get
it?
--
Chris
Old 23-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ], Chris ] wrote:
We would like a Filbert shrub that produces nuts and doesn't grow above
about six feet. Any idea what would be suitable and where we could get
it?

You are crying for the moon. No chance. Twelve feet, JUST perhaps.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 23-05-2004, 07:06 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Nick Maclaren
writes
In article ], Chris ] wrote:
We would like a Filbert shrub that produces nuts and doesn't grow above
about six feet. Any idea what would be suitable and where we could get
it?

You are crying for the moon. No chance. Twelve feet, JUST perhaps.

bonsai ?

http://www.american-bonsai.com/catal...oducts_id=3559

--
dave @ stejonda

"
to spiritual eyes, the United States is a developing country."
Ram Dass (an optimist)
Old 26-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Alan Holmes

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
We would like a Filbert shrub that produces nuts and doesn't grow above
about six feet. Any idea what would be suitable and where we could get
it?

The one I planted was a twig when it went in, but it grew 20 feet high and
20 feet across, didn't worry me too much but I had planted it a couple of
feet from the boundary and my neighbour wasn't too pleased!

But if someone does suggest a small variety I'll probably go for that.

Alan
--
Chris

Filbert Sonia Van Tassel Gardening 6 26-11-2005 08:30 PM
Contorted filbert Richard Evans North Carolina 3 20-09-2005 06:40 PM
Filbert Hazel United Kingdom 3 08-08-2005 09:30 PM
Filbert tree dying? Chris Chandler Lawns 3 16-05-2004 04:06 PM