GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   climbing courgettes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/62287-climbing-courgettes.html)

Mike & Karen 27-05-2004 08:08 AM

climbing courgettes

Last night on the RHS shoe there were some climbing courgettes - looks
like a great idea. anyone know where I might be able to get some?

Mike

Nick Maclaren 27-05-2004 09:05 AM

climbing courgettes

In article ,
Mike & Karen writes:
| Last night on the RHS shoe there were some climbing courgettes - looks
| like a great idea. anyone know where I might be able to get some?

Any non-bush variety. Tricky to get nowadays, but most summer
squashes are like that (and usually taste better).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Neil Jones 27-05-2004 10:14 AM

climbing courgettes

"Mike & Karen" wrote in message
Last night on the RHS shoe there were some climbing courgettes - looks
like a great idea. anyone know where I might be able to get some?

Mike

I think it was Robinson's whose website is www.mammothonion.co.uk but
they don't seem to have the courgette listed.

Neil

Alan Gould 27-05-2004 07:17 PM

climbing courgettes

In article , Mike &
Karen writes
Last night on the RHS shoe there were some climbing courgettes - looks
like a great idea. anyone know where I might be able to get some?

I saw that too and I thought that they meant ordinary courgettes grown
as cordons up strings or other supports. Pinch out, or pinch back side-
shoots as they show, leaving enough fruits for a crop. That's not too
different to the way cucumbers are grown indoors
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.