Old 28-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Andrew

Default Aesculus carnea 'Briotii'

Does anyone know of a supplier of this tree. The plant has to be small
because I want to take it to Poland by plane!

Many thanks

Andrew

Old 28-05-2004, 04:23 PM
Sacha

On 28/5/04 14:42, in article
, "Andrew"
wrote:

Does anyone know of a supplier of this tree. The plant has to be small
because I want to take it to Poland by plane!

The Plant Finder just says more than 30 suppliers, so your best bet might be
to do a Google search of nurseries or tree suppliers near you and widen the
search if need be.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 28-05-2004, 08:18 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from "Andrew" contains these words:

Does anyone know of a supplier of this tree. The plant has to be small
because I want to take it to Poland by plane!

I've seen it in past years at The Tree Shop, Loch Fyne, Argyll. They
do mail order, small enough sizes for a lap or overhead-luggage, and I
think have a website which will give you the phone number or email
addie.

Janet.

Old 28-05-2004, 10:06 PM
Basia Kulesz

Użytkownik "Andrew" napisał w wiadomości
| Does anyone know of a supplier of this tree. The plant has to be small
| because I want to take it to Poland by plane!

How about buying it in Poland? Surely it would be much easier and at least
two times cheaper!

Regards, Barbara.

Old 29-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Kay Easton

In article , Basia Kulesz
writes

Użytkownik "Andrew" napisał w wiadomości
| Does anyone know of a supplier of this tree. The plant has to be small
| because I want to take it to Poland by plane!

How about buying it in Poland? Surely it would be much easier and at least
two times cheaper!

Grrr! I can't be two times cheaper! If it costs, say, Ł10, two times is
Ł20 and Ł20 cheaper means they pay you to take it away. I *hate* this
nonsensical colloquialism, but what do you expect in a society that
views innumeracy as (almost) something to be proud of!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 30-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Andrew

Hi Basia

Can you tell me of a nursery in Poland? My Polish friends have never seen
this form of Horse Chestnut! Are you a keen Poilsh gardener?
Regards

Andrew

Old 30-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Basia Kulesz

Użytkownik "Andrew" napisał w wiadomości
| Hi Basia
|
| Can you tell me of a nursery in Poland? My Polish friends have never seen
| this form of Horse Chestnut! Are you a keen Poilsh gardener?

Answering first question: look up this site
http://www.zszp.org.pl/index.phtml, if you start the search for Aesculus
'Briotii', you'll find 13 nurseries reportedly selling this plant. Several
located near Cracow, South Poland.
Answering second question: yes:-)))

Regards, Barbara.