Old 10-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Stephen Williams

Default Clematis Montana

My montana is shedding seeds like there no tomorrow, so I thought I'd have a
go at germinating some.

Any sure fire tips?

TIA
Steve

Old 10-06-2004, 06:11 PM
Rod

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 07:44:08 +0100, "Stephen Williams"
wrote:

My montana is shedding seeds like there no tomorrow, so I thought I'd have a
go at germinating some.

Any sure fire tips?

TIA
Steve

http://www.backyardgardener.com/tm.html

Rod

Weed my email address to reply
Old 10-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Douglas

wrote:

My montana is shedding seeds like there no tomorrow, so I thought I'd

have a
go at germinating some.

Any sure fire tips?

TIA
Steve

http://www.backyardgardener.com/tm.html

Rod

Weed my email address to reply

********
Germinate Montana Rubens or other named clematis seeds?.
To what purpose?. Cover yours and the neighbours housetops with flowers for
a fortnight each May?.
Who's to say what kind of plant you'll get.
Clematis are not recommended to be propagated by sowing their seeds..
Cuttings are the thing, - one to each node, bottom heat essential - and
care, for multiple success.
Doug.
********

Old 10-06-2004, 11:51 PM
Stephen Williams

"Douglas" wrote in message

| "Rod" wrote in message
| On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 07:44:08 +0100, "Stephen Williams"
| wrote:
|
| My montana is shedding seeds like there no tomorrow, so I thought I'd
| have a
| go at germinating some.
|
| Any sure fire tips?
|
| TIA
| Steve
|
| http://www.backyardgardener.com/tm.html
|
| Rod
|
| Weed my email address to reply
| http://website.lineone.net/~rodcraddock/index.html
|
| ********
| Germinate Montana Rubens or other named clematis seeds?.
| To what purpose?. Cover yours and the neighbours housetops with flowers
for
| a fortnight each May?.
| Who's to say what kind of plant you'll get.

Precisely why I want to try seed - you never know what you will get!

| Clematis are not recommended to be propagated by sowing their seeds..
| Cuttings are the thing, - one to each node, bottom heat essential - and
| care, for multiple success.
| Doug.
| ********

Multiple success of all being the same is fine, seeds give variety. You
have to be ruthless some seeds are bad'uns others are beautiful. I have an
Antrhinum? that has produced orange and yellow flowers and over winters to
flower again.

Steve

Old 11-06-2004, 12:49 AM
Stephen Williams