Old 10-06-2004, 05:37 PM
Paul

Default Lawnmower for decent finish on small lawn.

Having laid a new lawn two weeks ago I'm now looking to buy a new
lawnmower. I already have a petrol mower for my big front lawn but
this is just too heavy to lug around the back.

The lawn is 75sq metres, flat and of a fine seed grass variety. I'm
looking to get a decent finish but don't want to go as far as stripes
as the lawn is a funny shape so stripes would be a pain in the ****
and would look odd.

I am happy to mow twice a week or more if required.

Any suggestions for a lawnmower? Budget up to £100.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:47 PM
Ian Spanswick

Check out the flymo range at argos (www.argos.co.uk), twe're hinking about
buying a light weight Mow 'n' Vac for our new lawn (laid 3 weeks ago), it's
only £60, there are slightly more expensive ones available (bigger grass
boxes etc) that might be more suited to 75sqm...

Good luck

Ian

om...

Old 10-06-2004, 06:10 PM
tuin man

"Paul" wrote in message
om...
Having laid a new lawn two weeks ago I'm now looking to buy a new
lawnmower. I already have a petrol mower for my big front lawn but
this is just too heavy to lug around the back.

The lawn is 75sq metres, flat and of a fine seed grass variety. I'm
looking to get a decent finish but don't want to go as far as stripes
as the lawn is a funny shape so stripes would be a pain in the ****
and would look odd.

I am happy to mow twice a week or more if required.

Any suggestions for a lawnmower? Budget up to £100.

I'm wondering what you mean by a "good finish", when you are clearly not
referring to the cosmetic aspect of lines provided my a roller.
Something that can actually cut properly?
Over the years I had come to loath any form of electrical mower. Yes, I had
given the benefit of the doubt to quite a few across a fairly wide spectrum
of makes.
Then one day I hesitantly volunteered to cut someone's grass with their
electric Wolf Mower.
I now have to accept that there is such a thing as a decent electric mower.
Wolf. I've no idea which one.
However, though a new one might cost quite a bit more than £100, the one I
used was 10 years old, yet could still quite easily compete, performance
wise, with any my petrol mowers.
So, being still great at 10, you might easily get one, second hand for that
price, assuming you can find one that someone is willing to part with.

Patrick

Old 10-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Douglas

"Paul" wrote in message
om...
Having laid a new lawn two weeks ago I'm now looking to buy a new
lawnmower. I already have a petrol mower for my big front lawn but
this is just too heavy to lug around the back.

The lawn is 75sq metres, flat and of a fine seed grass variety. I'm
looking to get a decent finish but don't want to go as far as stripes
as the lawn is a funny shape so stripes would be a pain in the ****
and would look odd.

I am happy to mow twice a week or more if required.

Any suggestions for a lawnmower? Budget up to £100.

********
Can't help you with the lawnmower , not familiar enough with local
knowledge.
However!..... There's no need to write **** to say neck.
I was brought up a very strict Calvinist by a very stern Mother.
Furthermore, and worst of all I have done time In His Majesty's Royal Air
Force, and as everyone knows, that sort of language is discouraged in the
Mess. You're on a 252!. so that'll larn thee!.
Doug. (:^)

*******