Old 10-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Amber Ormerod

Default moss from lawn getting very warm

we hired one of those electric rakes this weekend and did one of the lawns
and ended up with about 200 litres of moss and other stuff. I went to check
it today to see if it was dry enough to store (filled up both the compost
heaps already!) and I noticed it was quite warm. Even in the centre at this
time of night too.

Does this make it good for composting? And has anyone had any success with
it as worm(ery) bedding as I just don't read papers and so end up with soggy
worm compost and just think having to actually get hold of stuff to add into
the wormery seems silly. All the things on the web I could find about moss
in wormerys seemed to be about peat moss.

thanks
amber