GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Test (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/64213-test.html)

Alan Holmes 11-06-2004 09:47 AM

Test

My posts do not appear, why?

Alan

David Hill 11-06-2004 09:47 AM

Test

"........ My posts do not appear, why? Alan ............"

Well I can count 5 of them, so whets the problem?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Kay 11-06-2004 09:47 AM

Test

In article , Alan Holmes alan@holmes-
g4crw.freeserve.co.uk writes

My posts do not appear, why?

because I'm getting your copy? ;-)

(I'm seeing them in duplicate - wait a little longer before you give up
and re-post)

--
Kay

dave @ stejonda 11-06-2004 09:48 AM

Test

In message , Alan Holmes
writes

My posts do not appear, why?

Perhaps you are too impatient - I have seen ~6 so far.

--
dave @ stejonda

Bring culture back to NTL.
http://www.performance-channel.com/
Ring 0800 052 2000

Alan Holmes 12-06-2004 01:07 PM

Test

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
In message , Alan Holmes
writes

My posts do not appear, why?

Perhaps you are too impatient - I have seen ~6 so far.

None of them have appeared here, so if there was any response I will not get
it.

I don't understand why.

Is this machine filtering certain subjects?

Alan

Janet Baraclough 12-06-2004 09:06 PM

Test

The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
In message , Alan Holmes
writes

My posts do not appear, why?

Perhaps you are too impatient - I have seen ~6 so far.

None of them have appeared here, so if there was any response I will not get
it.

Yes you will. You got dave's post, which is a response to yours.

I don't understand why.

Is this machine filtering certain subjects?

No, because you saw Dave's post under your own "test" header.
Therefore, all you're missing is your own posts, not the topic/subject.

Just a guess: you may have clicked open of your own posts by mistake,
then instead of deleting it, killfiled yourself. Take a look in your
killfile log.

Janet

Alan Holmes 13-06-2004 08:11 PM

Test

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these

words:

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
In message , Alan Holmes
writes

My posts do not appear, why?

Perhaps you are too impatient - I have seen ~6 so far.

None of them have appeared here, so if there was any response I will not

get
it.

Yes you will. You got dave's post, which is a response to yours.

I don't understand why.

Is this machine filtering certain subjects?

No, because you saw Dave's post under your own "test" header.
Therefore, all you're missing is your own posts, not the topic/subject.

The subject still has not appeared here.

Just a guess: you may have clicked open of your own posts by mistake,
then instead of deleting it, killfiled yourself. Take a look in your
killfile log.

But if I had killfiled myself I wouldn't be reading this!(:-)

I still have had no response to my query, did no one give any suggestions as
to a cure?

Alan

Janet

Janet Baraclough 13-06-2004 10:05 PM

Test

The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

Just a guess: you may have clicked open of your own posts by mistake,
then instead of deleting it, killfiled yourself. Take a look in your
killfile log.

But if I had killfiled myself I wouldn't be reading this!(:-)

Twit; you were reading (and replying to) my post, not yours!

Janet

Alan Holmes 14-06-2004 08:18 PM

Test

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these

words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

Just a guess: you may have clicked open of your own posts by mistake,
then instead of deleting it, killfiled yourself. Take a look in your
killfile log.

But if I had killfiled myself I wouldn't be reading this!(:-)

Twit; you were reading (and replying to) my post, not yours!

I realised I'd made that mistake after I had sent it, but my original post
had
appeared here, still no sign of the posts about the Viburnum.

So, were there any replies to that posting?

It's obvious that this teminal is rejecting posts with that header.

Quite why, I have no idea, I've never lost a post before.

I've checked all the killfile details and there is nothing which
would result in that header being rejected.

Alan

Janet