Old 15-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Leah

Default Infestation of Phygelius x rectus (Devils Tears)

Yesterday evening we noticed an infestation on the underside of the leaves of our Phygelius x rectus
("Devil's Tears"). What we can see are light greeny-yellow coloured spheres, about 4-5mm across, and
(when they 'hatch' I assume) very tiny what look like slugs - dark greeny-black slimy critters,
roughly 5mm in length. Also, the leaves on the plant seem to be shrivelling and turning black, and
we have noticed a few of the critters on the flowers, and flower stems. I can take pictures and
upload/email if necessary!

This morning, we also noticed some of the green spheres on the underside of the leaves of the
Magnolia planted next door to the Phygelius. This Magnolia - which had its first *ever* flower this
year - is my mum's absolute pride and joy, and she would be completely *gutted* if it died, so *any*
help with what this infestation might be, and how to get rid of it would be HUGELY appreciated!

Thank-you!

Leah

p.s. my sincere apologies for any double-postings. I am not an automated spamming machine, I just
want to rid my plants of bugs!

Old 15-06-2004, 11:17 PM
Bob Hobden

"Leah" wrote in message
[...]

Capsid Bugs, any proprietary bug killer will work, I've used "Polysect". If
you don't use chemicals then resign yourself to no flowers ever again.

--
Regards
Bob

Some photos of my plants at.....