GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Yarrow Lawn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/66793-re-yarrow-lawn.html)

Rod 20-06-2004 10:03 PM

Yarrow Lawn

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:23:30 GMT, "Don How" wrote:

I am finally admitting defeat regarding the removal of yarrow from my lawn.
I have tried "feed & weed" treatments, but it seems to thrive on it. Picking
it out is very time consuming, leaves bald patches, and only gives a
temporary respite - I think that it is spreading underground. It has now
taken over more than half the area, and actually looks better than the
grass.

I have the choice of digging up the entire lawn and starting again, or
leaving the yarrow to get on with it.

Has anybody any experience of a yarrow lawn, as opposed to a grass lawn? I
believe that in foreign parts, yarrow is an acceptable form of ground
covering.

Don.

If you've got a problem - feature it ;~))
Yarrow is a typical weed of dry, sunny, impoverished sites so I'm
guessing that about sums up the site of your lawn. In that case it is
ideal for establishing a wildflower area, very attractive, low
maintenance, environmentally friendly etc. You'll need to research
species for your area and soil type.
Weed my address to reply