Old 20-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Rod

Default Yarrow Lawn

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:23:30 GMT, "Don How" wrote:

I am finally admitting defeat regarding the removal of yarrow from my lawn.
I have tried "feed & weed" treatments, but it seems to thrive on it. Picking
it out is very time consuming, leaves bald patches, and only gives a
temporary respite - I think that it is spreading underground. It has now
taken over more than half the area, and actually looks better than the
grass.

I have the choice of digging up the entire lawn and starting again, or
leaving the yarrow to get on with it.

Has anybody any experience of a yarrow lawn, as opposed to a grass lawn? I
believe that in foreign parts, yarrow is an acceptable form of ground
covering.

Don.

If you've got a problem - feature it ;~))
Yarrow is a typical weed of dry, sunny, impoverished sites so I'm
guessing that about sums up the site of your lawn. In that case it is
ideal for establishing a wildflower area, very attractive, low
maintenance, environmentally friendly etc. You'll need to research
species for your area and soil type.
Weed my address to reply

Whats the best way of getting rid of Yarrow from lawn ?? [email protected] United Kingdom 8 06-10-2006 10:10 PM
yarrow question Lynn Gardening 2 04-08-2005 11:38 PM
Yarrow Lawn for Hillside? DD Gardening 3 07-06-2005 01:01 AM
Goldenrod v. Yarrow andrewpreece United Kingdom 3 02-01-2005 01:53 PM
Bermuda grass vs Yarrow Andy Groves Gardening 0 14-07-2003 10:42 PM