Old 26-06-2004, 11:48 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Gloire de Dijon

I understand that Gloire de Dijon will do well on a North facing wall.
Is it likely to do well in an 18" diameter by 18" deep pot against
such a wall?

Franz

Old 26-06-2004, 11:48 AM
Robert

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
: I understand that Gloire de Dijon will do well on a North facing wall.
: Is it likely to do well in an 18" diameter by 18" deep pot against
: such a wall?
:
: Franz

Wishful thinking Franz I think lol

Old 26-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Franz Heymann

"Robert" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
: I understand that Gloire de Dijon will do well on a North facing

wall.
: Is it likely to do well in an 18" diameter by 18" deep pot against
: such a wall?
:
: Franz

Wishful thinking Franz I think lol

All ight, then. What about Maigold?

Franz

Old 27-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Rod

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 15:07:10 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

All ight, then. What about Maigold?

Franz

Sorry Franz, I wouldn't be happy about any rose in a container unless
you're prepared to accept sub standard growth and shorter than normal
life.
Rod

Weed my address to reply

Old 27-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Franz Heymann

wrote:

All ight, then. What about Maigold?

Franz

Sorry Franz, I wouldn't be happy about any rose in a container

unless
you're prepared to accept sub standard growth and shorter than

normal
life.
Rod

Weed my address to reply

Thanks to Robert and Rod for input.
I am disappointed.

Franz

Old 30-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Brian

"Robert" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
: I understand that Gloire de Dijon will do well on a North facing

wall.
: Is it likely to do well in an 18" diameter by 18" deep pot against
: such a wall?
:
: Franz

Wishful thinking Franz I think lol

All ight, then. What about Maigold?

Franz

-------------------

I too would not grow any rose in a container unless it was the
only option.
I have Maigold both in the garden and potted [on concrete] against a wall.
There is a difference and the rose against the wall has survived rather
than flourished.
Both flower fully from mid April to June and sporadically afterwards. It is
a well worthwhile rose. There is a 'Hamlet' similarly potted that does seem
to like the conditions better.
The larger the container then the greater expectations.
Best Wishes Brian.

Old 02-07-2004, 08:09 AM
Franz Heymann

"Brian" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Robert" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in

message
[...]

I'm all for experimenting. I will try Maigold, will feed it well and
will just cross hands.
The Gloire de Dijon I am putting in an open border with good soil
against a 6 ft North facing stone wall.

My existing roses (a higgledy piggledy mix of species of climbers, old
shrub roses, hybrid teas, floribundas and patio roses growing in open
soil) are doing better than they have ever done before. Lest urglers
think I am bragging, they still leave a lot to be desired. {:-(

Franz