Old 30-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Proven Motor Co Ltd

Default Hedge Cutters

Hi

I'm looking for a long reach, petrol engine hedge cutter.

I'm confused !

Does anybody have any guidance.

regards

Rob

Old 30-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Rod

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:16:35 +0100, "Proven Motor Co Ltd"
wrote:

Hi

I'm looking for a long reach, petrol engine hedge cutter.

I'm confused !

Does anybody have any guidance.

regards

Rob

Long cutter bar? or long reach (ie on a pole)? Either way go to a
decent machinery dealer and get hold of a Stihl catalogue. Ask if they
have any on demo so you can get a feel of what they're going to be
like to use. Some of these things are quite hard work.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply
Old 30-06-2004, 07:17 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Proven Motor Co Ltd
writes
Hi

I'm looking for a long reach, petrol engine hedge cutter.

I'm confused !

Does anybody have any guidance.

Screwfix have 20" and 24" petrol driven hedge trimmers purchaseable
online at: www.screwfix.com
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:06 AM
Peter

wrote:

Hi

I'm looking for a long reach, petrol engine hedge cutter.

I'm confused !

Does anybody have any guidance.

regards

Rob

I have an electric "Viking" long reach hedge cutter with an
adjustable angle cutter head.

There is a lot of information on petrol driven models at:-

www.abbeygardensales.co.uk

Search the site for Pole saws/Trimmers - Petrol.

Finally, be sure to lash out the extra money to get a cutter head
whose angle is fully adjustable.

As far as hard work is concerned, my Viking is a bit heavy to use
but I find that I can cut a 9ft Leylandii hedge (top and sides)
without using a step ladder. This makes the effort worth while.
Incidentally, I am over 70 and was able to use my Viking about four
months after a quad bypass operation so it cannot be all that hard.

Peter
Old 02-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Philip Powell

In message , Peter
writes
[snip]
I have an electric "Viking" long reach hedge cutter with an
adjustable angle cutter head.

There is a lot of information on petrol driven models at:-

www.abbeygardensales.co.uk

Search the site for Pole saws/Trimmers - Petrol.

Finally, be sure to lash out the extra money to get a cutter head
whose angle is fully adjustable.

As far as hard work is concerned, my Viking is a bit heavy to use
but I find that I can cut a 9ft Leylandii hedge (top and sides)
without using a step ladder. This makes the effort worth while.
Incidentally, I am over 70 and was able to use my Viking about four
months after a quad bypass operation so it cannot be all that hard.

Any chance of you coming to do mine?

Thanks for the info though - looks useful.
--
Philip Powell
Looking north across the Derwent Valley and Northumberland