Old 02-07-2004, 07:05 PM
mark potter

Default delphinium question

hi all

im new to gardening and was wondering can I remove the flower stems on my
delphinium not that it has gone to seed? would it encourage growth of more
flowers or not?

thanks

Mark

Old 02-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Brian

"mark potter" wrote in message
hi all

im new to gardening and was wondering can I remove the flower stems on my
delphinium not that it has gone to seed? would it encourage growth of more
flowers or not?

thanks

Mark

Cut the flowered stalks down to the nearest healthy leaves.
If we get good weather a second crop may occur.
The plant will strengthen without the stem.
Best Wishes Brian.