Old 03-07-2004, 05:02 PM
sarah

Default Tomato Costoluto fiorentino

I've grown six of these from seed, and am intrigued by the shape of the
flower trusses. The trusses on the San Marzanos (also grown from seed,
all for the first time!) look like those I've seen before, with single
flowers roughly alternating down the central stem. The Cf trusses on all
plants have much more complex structure, with stems off the central stem
each bearing 2 or 3 flowers, and the truss ends with a single large bud
that seems to comprise 2 or 3 flowers jammed together. As they've all
done it I assume it's normal. Am I better-off thinning what I'd guess
will be fruit very close together, or should I let nature take its
course?

regards
sarah

--
NB. Note change of *usenet* email address:
'amitiel.demon.do.uk' will soon cease to function.