Old 10-07-2004, 02:09 PM
denis glover

Default potato problems

Hope someone can help with problems I have growing spuds.Last year I was
plagued with holes in potatoes which I put down to 'wire worm' due to the
ground I used being freshly dug from grassy ground.Also the yields I got
were very poor.
I seem to be suffering the same problems with 'wire worm ' yet again
even though I am using a different part of the plot than last year. Last
year runner beans and peas were grown on the area I'm using this year, with
a lot of leaves dug in over winter.The plot next door to mine doesn't appear
to have these problems and his plants are also much healthier.
To stop the same problem next year what can I use to eradicate the 'wire
worm' (if it is this causing the
problem).I have thought of using bags.(One seed potato in each bag and keep
covering as the plant grows)