GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Is my Tayberry sick? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/79888-re-my-tayberry-sick.html)

Andy H 22-07-2004 08:14 AM

Is my Tayberry sick?

I planted Tayberry & Loganberry in Feb, both are in a similar state to the
one you describe, though the Loganberry has given a handful of fruit, next
yea they'll really get going

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
I planted a Tayberry here in March. It is now about one foot high and
fairly miserable - slightly moth eaten. I've watered and fertilised it
the same amount as my (successful) raspberries. The site is partially
shaded.

Is it dying/hopeless? Or are they just like that in the first year?

Thanks!

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/

Steve Harris 22-07-2004 09:18 AM

Is my Tayberry sick?

In article ,
(Andy H) wrote:

I planted Tayberry & Loganberry in Feb, both are in a similar state
to the one you describe, though the Loganberry has given a handful of
fruit, next yea they'll really get going

Thanks. Hope so. The posts and wires look really silly at the moment!

Steve Harris 22-07-2004 09:18 AM

Is my Tayberry sick?

In article ,
(Kay) wrote:

. Has it put on any
growth? Are the new shoots getting snailed?

Yes, a bit and one new stem came up too. Can snails get up something
with stems that bristly?

Kay 22-07-2004 07:42 PM

Is my Tayberry sick?

In article , Steve
Harris writes
In article ,
(Kay) wrote:

. Has it put on any
growth? Are the new shoots getting snailed?

Yes, a bit and one new stem came up too. Can snails get up something
with stems that bristly?

Probably not, but the shoots would be vulnerable as they first come
through. That said, mine don't get snail damage to the shoots, but I do
get the occasional snail launching themselves on to the fruit from an
adjacent water butt.
--
Kay