Old 22-07-2004, 08:14 AM
Andy H

Default Is my Tayberry sick?

I planted Tayberry & Loganberry in Feb, both are in a similar state to the
one you describe, though the Loganberry has given a handful of fruit, next
yea they'll really get going

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
I planted a Tayberry here in March. It is now about one foot high and
fairly miserable - slightly moth eaten. I've watered and fertilised it
the same amount as my (successful) raspberries. The site is partially
shaded.

Is it dying/hopeless? Or are they just like that in the first year?

Thanks!

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/

Old 22-07-2004, 07:42 PM
Kay

In article , Steve
Harris writes
In article ,
(Kay) wrote:

. Has it put on any
growth? Are the new shoots getting snailed?

Yes, a bit and one new stem came up too. Can snails get up something
with stems that bristly?

Probably not, but the shoots would be vulnerable as they first come
through. That said, mine don't get snail damage to the shoots, but I do
get the occasional snail launching themselves on to the fruit from an
adjacent water butt.
--
Kay

Tayberry experts mogga United Kingdom 22 04-04-2009 10:26 PM
Tayberry growing and pruning etc Colin Jacobs United Kingdom 2 21-12-2006 09:08 PM
Support for a tayberry Sueba United Kingdom 3 30-09-2006 04:44 PM
Thornless tayberry Kay United Kingdom 3 26-07-2004 07:03 PM
Tayberry Bush ross United Kingdom 3 06-07-2004 08:02 AM