Old 25-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Joe Fogey

Default My Lawn is full of mushrooms

Are they edible?

Fogey

"Curiosity" wrote in message
Just returned home after a few days away to find that my 40 X 50ft
lawn is full of mushrooms or some sort of fungus stuff.

Any idear how I can get rid of them, will mowing simply spread them
(the spores) around.

I notice my neighbour one side has a lesser amount of these things but
the other neighbour has none ?..

TIA

PAUL

Old 26-07-2004, 09:43 PM
Curiosity

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:02:51 +0100, "Joe Fogey"
wrote:

Are they edible?

Fogey

"Curiosity" wrote in message
.. .
Just returned home after a few days away to find that my 40 X 50ft
lawn is full of mushrooms or some sort of fungus stuff.

Any idear how I can get rid of them, will mowing simply spread them
(the spores) around.

I notice my neighbour one side has a lesser amount of these things but
the other neighbour has none ?..

TIA

PAUL

Do know what they are, just some sort of fungus stuff with small flat
caps ontop of stalks, brown in colour. They seem to be popping up
everywhere. My concern is if I mow the lawn the spores will spread
about and I won't have a lawn anymore but a mini fungus field.

Old 26-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Curiosity

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:02:51 +0100, "Joe Fogey"
wrote:

Are they edible?

Fogey

.. .

Old 26-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Kay

In article , Curiosity
writes
wrote:

Do know what they are, just some sort of fungus stuff with small flat
caps ontop of stalks, brown in colour. They seem to be popping up
everywhere. My concern is if I mow the lawn the spores will spread
about and I won't have a lawn anymore but a mini fungus field.

The spores are more about spreading further afield. Any spreading in
your lawn will be from the main plant body, the mycelium, buried in the
ground.

--
Kay