Old 28-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Rach

Default reccormendations

Hi,
I am a bit of a beginner at this and was really hoping that someone might be
able to suggest some plants for me:
I am looking for plants:
For containers
Semi exposed to sun
Need to look good all year round (foliage wise)
Would be nice if were either colourful leaves or grey / silver
That are hardy and will not need to be brought in in winter

Any help really would be a great.

Many Thanks
R.

Old 28-07-2004, 08:08 AM
Sacha

On 27/7/04 23:36, in article , "Rach"
wrote:

Hi,
I am a bit of a beginner at this and was really hoping that someone might be
able to suggest some plants for me:
I am looking for plants:
For containers
Semi exposed to sun
Need to look good all year round (foliage wise)
Would be nice if were either colourful leaves or grey / silver
That are hardy and will not need to be brought in in winter

Any help really would be a great.

Many Thanks
R.

You don't say where you live but small leafed ivies, miniature conifers,
Phormiums come to mind.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 28-07-2004, 10:08 AM
Kate Morgan

Hi,
I am a bit of a beginner at this and was really hoping that someone might be
able to suggest some plants for me:
I am looking for plants:
For containers
Semi exposed to sun
Need to look good all year round (foliage wise)
Would be nice if were either colourful leaves or grey / silver
That are hardy and will not need to be brought in in winter

Any help really would be a great.

Many Thanks

I am growing Sempervivums and am thrilled with these unusual and
pretty plants, they are cheap to buy and take little or no looking
after, well worth a try

kate
Old 28-07-2004, 11:07 AM
JennyC

"Rach" wrote in message
Hi,
I am a bit of a beginner at this and was really hoping that someone might be
able to suggest some plants for me:
I am looking for plants:
For containers
Semi exposed to sun
Need to look good all year round (foliage wise)
Would be nice if were either colourful leaves or grey / silver
That are hardy and will not need to be brought in in winter

Any help really would be a great.

Many Thanks
R.

Most silver.grey leaved plants like lots of sun. The more the better :~)

Lavendar springs to mind, but I don't seem to have much success with it in
pots.......maybe some else will ahvesome pointers on thsi?

How tall do you want the plants to be?

I have some links on my home page that migth be of use:
http://members.rott.chello.nl/ldejag...ex.welcome.htm

Jenny

Old 28-07-2004, 12:06 PM

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:42:59 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

"Rach" wrote in message
Hi,
I am a bit of a beginner at this and was really hoping that someone might be
able to suggest some plants for me:
I am looking for plants:
For containers
Semi exposed to sun
Need to look good all year round (foliage wise)
Would be nice if were either colourful leaves or grey / silver
That are hardy and will not need to be brought in in winter

Any help really would be a great.

Many Thanks
R.

Most silver.grey leaved plants like lots of sun. The more the better :~)

Lavendar springs to mind, but I don't seem to have much success with it in
pots.......

but it does grow very well in Zuid Holland gardens :-)

maybe some else will ahvesome pointers on thsi?

How tall do you want the plants to be?

Which leads to the question - which lavender? :-)

--
Martin