Old 23-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Zipadee Doodar

Default Attacked by sticky willy!

Pulling out some past their best Feverfew plants, when a long length of
sticky willy wrapped itself around my arm and hurt like hell. Had to call
wife to extricate me from it, and now my arm is in a heck of a mess. On
investigating, i have found this weed lurking all over my flower beds. Any
suggestions as to how to eradicate it?

Old 27-07-2004, 06:29 PM
compo

The message
from Kay contains these words:

According to Usher 'Plants used by man', the 'dried fruits are sometimes
used in Ireland as a coffee substitute' - that shows some degree of
desperation!!

I have tried this. It took ages to gather sufficient sticky balls to
roast for coffee. The end result was a coffee substitute that tasted
vaguely of cheap coffee. I reckon it wouldf do in times of extreme
shortage.

--
Cheers,
Compo