Old 31-07-2004, 05:54 PM
Broadback

Default I want a lot!

I am enlarging a bed, primarily because the lawn does not do well where
I am extending the bed.
What I'd like is planting ideas. The bed is under mature lime tree
canopies, with a holly hedge behind. The bed is to the South of the
trees and hedge, thus gets plenty of sun. The other negative is that
rabbits invade this area for food from time to time, well mostly all the
time.
I have successfully grown cystus (rock roses) in the previously smaller
bed. What I would like are suggestions for planting this area.

TIA

Please do not reply by Email, as all
emails to this address are automatically deleted.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Pam Moore

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 17:54:03 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

I am enlarging a bed, primarily because the lawn does not do well where
I am extending the bed.
What I'd like is planting ideas. The bed is under mature lime tree
canopies, with a holly hedge behind. The bed is to the South of the
trees and hedge, thus gets plenty of sun. The other negative is that
rabbits invade this area for food from time to time, well mostly all the
time.

How about a lavatera for starters? It would lood good against the
hedge and likes a sunny place.

Pam in Bristol