Old 01-08-2004, 02:14 PM
pronoun

Default MowerHelp

My "Qualcast Elan" just died. The motor is ok, but the rotor won't. Bought
reconditioned; I have no manual. Can it be fixed easily? The year
guarantee is just up--as usual.

Gratefull for any advice.

Old 04-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Richard Sterry

pronoun wrote:
My "Qualcast Elan" just died. The motor is ok, but the rotor won't.
Bought reconditioned; I have no manual. Can it be fixed easily? The year
guarantee is just up--as usual.

Gratefull for any advice.

Funnily enough, I am about auction sell mine on eBay. :-)

However, not being a mercenary type, help may be at hand. It's possibly that
it's only the belt that's bust (you can see the belt cover on the side), in
which case a repair should be cheap and easy. If not, this item should be
under 5 years parts warranty, so at least you'd only have to pay labour. You
do not need to have registered when you bought the mower, but you will need
proof of purchase. I rang Qualcast and asked them about it only on Monday.

See http://www.qualcast.co.uk/nuindex.html .

HTH

Rick

Old 05-08-2004, 02:18 PM
pronoun

Thanks Richard,

It is the belt--very slack. I have ordered one about £7.00 due in the post.
There is a guarantee--but only one year--I'll have to enquire about the
parts warranty.

Old 05-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Richard Sterry

pronoun wrote:
Thanks Richard,

It is the belt--very slack. I have ordered one about £7.00 due in the
post. There is a guarantee--but only one year--I'll have to enquire about
the parts warranty.

The one-year warranty is the usual parts and labour, and the five-year is
parts only and presumably only if you used an approved repair agent - they
won't just give you the part to fit yourself. Not worth bothering for a £7
belt - the labour would probably be more than that!

Bye

Rick