GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How fast do runner beans grow? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/82178-how-fast-do-runner-beans-grow.html)

Broadback 22-08-2004 02:43 PM

How fast do runner beans grow?

No matter how I hunt for runner beans, and pick all available, the next
day on walking past I almost bang my head on a large bunch.

Am I blind, or do they really grow that fast?

Please do not reply by Email, as all
emails to this address are automatically deleted.

Bob Hobden 22-08-2004 03:35 PM

"Broadback"wrote
No matter how I hunt for runner beans, and pick all available, the next
day on walking past I almost bang my head on a large bunch.

Am I blind, or do they really grow that fast?

I expect you are missing them, no matter how hard one tries to pick them all
if someone else walks down the row they will spot ones left behind.
The Foreman's always telling me off for missing them. :-)

--
Regards
Bob

Broadback 22-08-2004 06:24 PM

GOOD GOLLY MISS mOLLY wrote:

"Broadback" wrote in message

No matter how I hunt for runner beans, and pick all available, the next
day on walking past I almost bang my head on a large bunch.

Am I blind, or do they really grow that fast?

They hide when you are picking, only emerging after you have gone indoors
to cook their siblings.

Ph wee, thank goodness for that, I was really in a tiz. :-)

Kate Morgan 22-08-2004 06:33 PM

snip
They hide when you are picking, only emerging after you have gone indoors
to cook their siblings.

Ph wee, thank goodness for that, I was really in a tiz. :-)

yes I agree with that :-) do peeps grow them up wigwams or rows?

Bob Hobden 22-08-2004 10:49 PM

"Kate Morgan" wrote
snip
They hide when you are picking, only emerging after you have gone

indoors
to cook their siblings.

Ph wee, thank goodness for that, I was really in a tiz. :-)

yes I agree with that :-) do peeps grow them up wigwams or rows?

Rows, but then we do have a couple of allotments. Sue's father used to grow
them straight up strings nailed on his 6ft fences all around his very small
garden, looked good as a background each year (hid the fences) and he got a
good crop too.

Robert 23-08-2004 06:23 AM

:
: Am I blind, or do they really grow that fast?
:
: Please do not reply by Email, as all
: emails to this address are automatically deleted.

They do grow really fast and need picking each or every two days to avoid
those big stringy ones that they sell in the shops