Old 03-09-2004, 07:49 PM
nelly_know_all

Default Buddleia Pleasw

Hello all, I need to know the life cycle of a buddleia. ie do they last
forever of die off after flowering. Thanks

Old 03-09-2004, 07:56 PM
atwifa

well it won't last forever (not even plants have worked that out yet) but if
you mean 'will it come back into flower next year?' then the answer is yes.

it will also grow bigger (assuming it's not restricted from doing so).

Old 03-09-2004, 08:06 PM
nelly_know_all

wow that was quick and answered my question.

I think its a buddleia. Plant grew this year, is about 1 meter tall. Heart
shaped lime green leaves and strong smelling lilac willow lookie like
flowers. Sounds like buddleia to you?
news

Old 03-09-2004, 08:20 PM
atwifa

don't know about the 'heart-shaped' leaves ... although we all have
different ways of describing things ... here's a picture of a buddleia
flower and some of the leaves, together with the butterflies that are very
attracted to the plant

http://www.butterflygarden.co.uk/pla...66_p_ra_st.htm

.... if yours is like this, then you probably have a buddleia. if not, i
have the feeling it might be a lilac. do you have any pictures of your
plant that you could post up to your webspace?

Old 03-09-2004, 10:13 PM
Franz Heymann

"nelly_know_all" wrote in message
wow that was quick and answered my question.

I think its a buddleia. Plant grew this year, is about 1 meter

tall. Heart
shaped lime green leaves and strong smelling lilac willow lookie

like
flowers. Sounds like buddleia to you?

Actually, no. I don't like the "willow lookie like flowers" part of
your description..
That does not sound like a Buddleia at all. Willows make catkns.

Franz

Old 04-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Bernard Peek

In message , nelly_know_all
writes
Hello all, I need to know the life cycle of a buddleia. ie do they last
forever of die off after flowering. Thanks

It's a perennial and quite difficult to kill. The commonest species is
Buddleia davidii which has lilac/purple flower spikes. It's a very
common wild plant and grows pretty much anywhere, I have one growing out
of the chimney stack of my house.

--
Bernard Peek

Old 04-09-2004, 07:04 PM
Sacha

On 3/9/04 10:13 pm, in article , "Franz
Heymann" wrote:

"nelly_know_all" wrote in message
wow that was quick and answered my question.

I think its a buddleia. Plant grew this year, is about 1 meter

tall. Heart
shaped lime green leaves and strong smelling lilac willow lookie

like
flowers. Sounds like buddleia to you?

Actually, no. I don't like the "willow lookie like flowers" part of
your description..
That does not sound like a Buddleia at all. Willows make catkns.

Franz

The obvious thing is for the OP to go to Google imaging and look up lilac,
willow and buddleia and then come back to urg for advice on what s/he has
really got!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Butterfly bush (Buddleia) how prune? - My Dilemma Ian Gardening 10 23-05-2003 02:32 AM
multi-colored Buddleia courtault at yahoo.com Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Need advice on pruning a buddleia Annabel United Kingdom 2 17-02-2003 09:31 AM
multi-colored Buddleia animaux Texas 0 12-02-2003 01:56 AM
Need advice on pruning a buddleia GR United Kingdom 2 11-02-2003 10:08 PM