Old 11-02-2003, 07:23 PM
Charlie Pridham

Default Hortus?

"sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Does anyone subscribe to or read a gardening publication called Hortus.

If
so, what are their opinions of it?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

You just had a letter from them too? :~)
I have heard of it, seemed a lot of money for 4 issues though.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 11-02-2003, 11:10 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from sacha contains these words:

Does anyone subscribe to or read a gardening publication called Hortus. If
so, what are their opinions of it?

I used to take it years ago; istr it was quarterly and rather
expensive which is why I gave up. One reason for the cost was that it
didn't carry adverts, which was very pleasant. Beautifully produced,
interesting articles, almost all text...istr the only illustrations were
woodcuts.

Janet.
Old 13-02-2003, 04:28 PM
papa

I subscribe and have done for a couple of years. I think it is thoughtful,
intelligent, reflective and unique. It may seem expensive but then you get
a lot for your money. It is like a small book. I would not want to be
without it and strongly recommend anyone to try it.

regards

Philip

Old 13-02-2003, 05:39 PM
Rachel Sullivan

In article , papa
internet.com writes

Hortus

I subscribe and have done for a couple of years. I think it is thoughtful,
intelligent, reflective and unique. It may seem expensive but then you get
a lot for your money. It is like a small book. I would not want to be
without it and strongly recommend anyone to try it.

I agree that it is unique and the lack of advertising is a delight.
Indeed, we have kept all the issues we had as many articles were
interesting and entertaining. But is was/is expensive and unfortunately
circumstances decreed a major economy drive, so sadly it was a casualty.

But when I win the lottery ...
--
Rachel
Clematis Web Site
Old 16-02-2003, 01:57 PM
Sacha

Rachel Sullivan wrote in message ...
In article , papa
internet.com writes

Hortus

I subscribe and have done for a couple of years. I think it is thoughtful,
intelligent, reflective and unique. It may seem expensive but then you get
a lot for your money. It is like a small book. I would not want to be
without it and strongly recommend anyone to try it.

I agree that it is unique and the lack of advertising is a delight.
Indeed, we have kept all the issues we had as many articles were
interesting and entertaining. But is was/is expensive and unfortunately
circumstances decreed a major economy drive, so sadly it was a casualty.

But when I win the lottery ...

Thanks, everyone. And it looks as if it's worth giving it a try for a
while. Yes, Charlie, we heard from them, too. ;-))
--
Sacha

Hortus Third Iris Cohen Plant Science 2 26-04-2003 01:25 PM
Hortus? sacha United Kingdom 1 11-02-2003 09:04 PM