Old 21-09-2004, 04:11 PM
John

Default can you recommend an Elect.lawnmower?

Any recommendations please? I have a lawn of approx 260 sq.yards and needing
a new electric mower. I also have two dogs so I do not need a very fine cut.
Many thanks John

Old 21-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Roy Omond

John wrote:

Any recommendations please? I have a lawn of approx 260 sq.yards and needing
a new electric mower. I also have two dogs so I do not need a very fine cut.
Many thanks John

I will recommend *against* anything from Black and Decker.
I will recommend *against* any Flymo.

Absolute cruddy junk.

I still have a nice little mower from Wolf Geraete that I bought
in Germany 18 years ago, and it's outlasted any of the above
mentioned handsomely. Superb German quality.

Website at http://www.wolf-garten.com

Roy Omond
Blue Bubble Ltd.
Old 21-09-2004, 05:59 PM
BAC

"John" wrote in message
Any recommendations please? I have a lawn of approx 260 sq.yards and

needing
a new electric mower. I also have two dogs so I do not need a very fine

cut.
Many thanks John

I expect we've all got our individual favourites, but, as few of us will
have tried the whole range, our opinions are likely to be very subjective,
perhaps soured against an entire brand due to an isolated bad experience.

Have you considered trying 'Which'?

See
http://trial.which.co.uk/gardens.php...word=lawnmower
which you can access on a 30 day free trial, and which might be helpful,
even though it's a bit long in the tooth. now.

Old 22-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Geo

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:11:14 +0000 (UTC), "John"
wrote:

Any recommendations please? I have a lawn of approx 260 sq.yards and needing
a new electric mower. I also have two dogs so I do not need a very fine cut.

Not entirely sure that the dogs will lie still long enough for a trim...
Geo
Old 24-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Mike Lyle

BAC wrote:
"John" wrote in message
Any recommendations please? I have a lawn of approx 260 sq.yards

and
needing a new electric mower. I also have two dogs so I do not

need
a very fine cut. Many thanks John

I expect we've all got our individual favourites, but, as few of us
will have tried the whole range, our opinions are likely to be very
subjective, perhaps soured against an entire brand due to an

isolated
bad experience.

Have you considered trying 'Which'?

See

http://trial.which.co.uk/gardens.php...word=lawnmower
which you can access on a 30 day free trial, and which might be
helpful, even though it's a bit long in the tooth. now.

If you prefer paper, it's in the library.

Mike.

Old 29-09-2004, 02:08 PM
John

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately no one has yet come up with a
suggestion (the German model is not available in UK).
Can I assume that no one can recommend an electrical mower for around 260
sq.yd garden?
If that is the case - how about petrol mowers that can be recommended?
Many thanks John

Old 29-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Registered User

Try the Hayter Envoy, a quality electric from a quality manufacturer. Also you could try the new ENVIROMOWER - it is a rechargeable mower and is truely fantastic. My neighbour has one and it is very powerful, quiet and the battery lasts nearly an hour - and no leads !