GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lilium Regale Seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/84426-lilium-regale-seeds.html)

Steve Harris 01-10-2004 04:04 PM

Lilium Regale Seeds

I have several pods of seeds from my Lilies! Id it worth sowing them? If
so, how?

Thanks!

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/

Bob Hobden 01-10-2004 04:40 PM

"Steve Harris" wrote
I have several pods of seeds from my Lilies! Id it worth sowing them? If
so, how?

Yes it is worth sowing them BUT it takes a few years to get the plants up to
flowering size.
I've always just sowed in a pot of multipurpose compost and covered the
seeds with about a quarter of an inch of sifted compost. Keep moist and in a
warmish light place, about 50°F, and they should start growing quite
quickly. Either repot with more space or plant out into a nursery bed next
summer. Alternatively wait until next spring and plant then but you will
be another year behind.

--
Regards
Bob

Martin Sykes 01-10-2004 07:35 PM

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
I have several pods of seeds from my Lilies! Id it worth sowing them? If
so, how?

Thanks!

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/

Try looking near the top of the stem for small bulbs and plant these
instead. I did this last year and the resultant plants flowered this year.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )